Sunday 2 November 2014

Sunday morning breakfast: Cast Iron

Welcome to your Sunday morning and to the last day of the sweet sweet weekend.  It seems like the general consensus is Friday evening is the most exciting time then the heat comes down a tad on Saturday, then Sunday is almost blue with thoughts of Monday Sickness. Well, instead of feeling sad and beaten down, I decided to light up my last weekend with a simple & hearty breakfast meal using my cast iron.

(image from amazon.ca)

Have you ever drooled over the breakfast scene on "Haul's moving castle"?


Then a cast iron pan is exactly what you need. Cooking like haul is so easy. This is what I did this morning! Short & Sweet! 
My 8" cast iron skillet from Lodge is the best lazy weekend breakfast cooking tool because of its versatility where it is my cooking device and can be presentable on the dining table as well. Less dishes the better for us kitchen fairies!! Moreover, I am able to get that cozy countryside table look with this good looking device.
  • Preheat the skillet. 
  • Lay a piece of turkey breast ham & then crack an egg beside it. 
  • As the egg is being fried, place sliced cherry tomatoes. 
  • Top it up with arugula and spinach, hint of freshly ground pepper, and some ranch.


Tada!!!!
Quick simple and easy!


Slices of wholewheat bread completes the hearty breakfast. 


Would you like a bite too? 
Wishing you a happy Sunday, 

xoxo Vivian

p.s. from Richie




"I want a bite too..*sniff "

No comments:

Post a Comment