Monday 17 November 2014

Homemade Lemon Tea (Nat's Attempt)

I thoroughly enjoyed Viv's homemade lemon tea and decided to try it myself. After all, we all need that squeeze of vitamin C! My first batch was of 3* 500ml containers. Realizing this is actually fun and the feeling of accomplishment this brought me, I decided to turn my evening into lemon tea factory to gift my colleagues and other important people in my life.
For Vivian's original post on how to make homemade lemon tea, please follow the link: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.ca/2014/11/easy-recipe-diy-lemon-tea.html :-) !!













Read more after the jump!




Honey vs. Sugar

I had experimented whether I should use honey vs. sugar for my lemon tea. Result: DEFINITELY SUGAR. I originally thought honey would be healthier choice however I realized it does not blend well with the lemon pieces as well as sugar does. Sugar functions as natural preservatives for the tea and honey does not seem to do its job as effectively either. As Viv mentioned in her posting, one can make the tea whichever you'd like. Sweet tooth like myself also like to add some honey to my tea.

In the jarring order of 1-2-3. I thought I'd be little more creative as I go and make try to make it little cuter with lemons faced on the side of the jars. 1 stayed with me, and 2 & 3 were delivered to my parents & my in-laws. I had decorated the jars with baker's twine as well.
























The above batch is for my lucky colleagues. I figured this is rather a "cheap" way of showing my appreciation to the team but also quite cute, too. Bag of lemons only cost $7-8 at Costco and you can find mason jars anywhere nowadays. I buy my mason jars at Canadian Tire for $12 for a box of dozen. I hope you enjoyed this sour posting! Thanks for reading :-) 

2 comments: