Thursday 1 January 2015

Chanel Rouge Allure 138 Fougueuse

One of my new favorite lipsticks! I'm 50/50 on this Chanel vs my YSL Volupte #12 (my previous review: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.ca/2014/11/ysl-rouge-volupte-shine-12-coral.html?m=1)... Maybe more so 60/40 since I find YSL bit more creamy than Chanel's. 

Until recently though, I hadn't learned that Sephora Canada doesn't carry Chanel - kind of a shock for me, really. This Classic French brand probably is a statement piece by its packaging and the brand name itself. It is almost to the extent that it's all about "I'm wearing Chanel." 


Chanel Rouge Allure is a formula of lasting wear that is hydrating and easy to reapply. This #138 is also a color that could be worn all year around: bright pink /bit of strawberry/slight coral mix with subtle satin finish. Great pigmentation too - I normally apply 2-3 layers max and it stays on 3+ hours (until lunch time, really!). It is never heavy on your lips either. Like I mentioned earlier though, in comparing to YSL Volupte Shine lines, Chanel is not as creamy as YSL's - not to the extent that it feels dry on your lips still! 



 The left is after 3 times of application vs. 1 time on the right








Sounds rather corny but it is the little things that make you happy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment