Sunday 16 November 2014

Artist Island - Granville Island


Located under the south end of Granville Street Bridge, Granville Island was originally a industrial manufacturing area. Later when the factories started to move out from the area, the Canadian government invested $19 million and created exhibitions, theatres, parks, etc. Now Granville Island became Vancouver's top tourist attraction and earns $35 million per year!  My husband and I visited Granville Island a few days ago and I would like to share some stories and pictures I took.


I filmed a short video to properly capture the atmosphere from my visit. You can hear the street musician busking away and that really completes it all. More about my day in Granville Island after the jump! :-) 





Granville Island is filled with colours: maybe it is because there are many art exhibitions and creative art studios located. You can also often see artists performing in the public area.




Public market is another site you should not miss on Granville Island! You can buy fresh local fruits & veggies, desserts, meats, and seafood. They usually sell them in grams so roughly calculate the price before purchasing. Last time I bought two halibut steaks and scallops and it cost me $60!



The food court inside the public market is another attraction. The day I visited, it seemed like everyone's tables had a pot pie on, so I could not resist the temptation and curiosity! They offer clam chowder, french onion soup, chicken, beef, etc pot pies. Ryan (fyi...not Natalie's Ryan) got a clam chowder pot pie.


Pot pie is so much fun to eat. Breaking the crispy pastry is much more exciting than what you've imagined. Teehee :-D The warm soup inside is enough to melt the chilliness away.



Another thing I like to eat is this hearty dish-Prime rib slices with mashed potatoe, salad, and mac n' cheese drizzled with demi glace sauce. It's only about $12!


Yum!!!


The tour isn't over yet; there are tons of stores to visit. 


The stores are already decorated and ready for Christmas - just like that one neighbor we have. 


As soon as I spotted this cushion, I ran over to it saying "MUST BUY!" but had to put it down eventually...after realizing the price tag stating $145. I'll return for it when I dream about it! 


This building had various gift shops and uniqie paper & stationary stores. Net Loft is where you can meet the artisans of Circle Craft as well. For my posting on Circle Craft Christmas Market, please follow the link: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.ca/2014/11/circle-craft-market.html



For $26 I could get a wax seal and a wax stick. It would look pretty on Christmas card envelopes. 


Granville Island is a place where you can meet large peony blossoms at this time of the year too. They are a spring/summer flower so I was surprised when I met those beauty. Hoping you visit thos gorgeous place sometime too I will leave the info below.
Wishing you a romantic weekend,

xoxo 
Vivian

Granville Island
1669 Johnston Street V6H 3R9





















No comments:

Post a Comment