Saturday 7 February 2015

Jarn? Jamjar? - Commercial Drive

I'm starting to think this industrial look doesn't spell out unique anymore. Every new hip place I go in Vancouver must use the same interior designing company. Anywho Ryan and I were on the Drive and noticed this new Lebanese restaurant. Pardon us for our ignorance, but we were both huh? Lebanese? And so us Lebanese food virgins decided it to give it a try. And it was really cold outside that particular night. 

The place was packed and the host asked us if we are okay with communal table - which was a-okay for us. We ordered their "dine out" menu as our server recommended it having variety of food items on a shard plate. 





Midst of our first platter Ryan asked me anxiously - "is this a vegetarian place?...."  It looked like our neighbouring folks ordered some chicken so we kept our hopes up. 


From the little blurb on the menu, I learned that traditional Lebanese food is made with freshest products straight from the garden. I really really liked their hummus (garlic?). 





The second platter again did not have much meat but the falafel. I especially loved the zucchini and cauliflower as it was amazingly tasty! Like I never knew veggies can be fried/cooked this tastefully! It retained its vegetable freshness and further had somewhat smokiness to it. 




Last plate - according to our menu was lamb?.... It looked like couple pieces of spam from appearance. It had some yogurt and beans inside - but I could be very wrong!




Jamjar
2280 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
Tel: 604-252-3957

Hours:
11:30 AM - 10 PM
5 PM - 10 PM

(....is what their website says - not sure which days they mean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment