Thursday 18 December 2014

YSL Tint-in-Oil

I am finally compelled to admit that I am a big follower of YSL cosmetics. Despite the high price tags to other comparables, I do believe that their products are that much higher quality, and of course I cannot exclude the fact that they have the prettiest packaging. What's there not to love? Enough with my silly excuses - let's get to the point. My new orders from Sephora for new Tint-in-Oil has arrived! Not just one though - TWO of them! (...should not have browsed Sephora)...

I bought 2 different shades: #4 I Rose You for myself and #5 Cherry My Cherie for my Mom.


The website states this product is only carried as Sephora x Online exclusive, something tells me this new line of products will soon be introduced at offline shops in the future. 


CAD$35 was the price tag. 


YSL Cosmetics' design never disappoints me. They are absolutely gorgeous and make great new addition to my vanity.


The applicator of YSL Tint-in-Oil resembles that of YSL Lipgloss'. 


The shades were way too lighter than what I was expecting for pigmentation. Tinting products are usually more opaque so it would stain the lips/cheeks to that extent. I was a bit confused when I first applied them on my wrist to try out.
The left is #4 I Rose You which has sparkly particles in the formula. On the other hand, #5 Cherry My Cherie has no shimmers with more visible colors. I tried applying #5 to the lips and surprisingly does make my lips look more red and rosey! The texture is unique - it really feels like applying oil to your lips - maybe watered down baseline? It isn't even sticky like lipglosses are, but does effectively give your lips a nice shine for a pouty effect. I have found my new favorite so I definitely recommend. However, I do suggest choosing a more colored/darker shade since 4 I Rose You doesn't seem to have much effect on pigmenting your lips.  
I will return with another detailed review for YSL Tint-in-Oil with more photos though (if you'd like more detailed photos on lips: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.ca/2014/12/ysl-tint-in-oil-on-lips.html)! 

Hope you enjoyed this post!

xoxo 
Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment