Sunday 30 November 2014

DIOR VERNIS 338 MIRAGE

My outings for makeup products always is a vicious cycle of DIOR vs. CHANEL. It's the pretty packaging, bold yet elegant colors, and the brand name itself - that almost arms me up like my power-suits do. It is also functional displaying "I am here" statement.

It must be the crisp fall/winter weather that draws me towards rich wine, rouge red, and lux purple colors. I personally like having different colored nails. A friend of mine was wearing violet, lavender, and slightly dark tone of gray across her 10 fingers and I thought that is the most perfect combination; wasn't too much nor any slight understatement. I really should have taken photos of her nails!




 More photos to be found after the jump!


Vivian generously offered me her Sephora coupon from VIB Rouge Program = 20% discount of makeup haven! Which served its purpose to the fullest for my new Dior Vernis and many more!...so likely you will find a few makeup reviews in next little while.





As much as I wish to have perfectly coated nails at all times - it is not always affordable to get salon treatment and tend the chipped nails. Dior Vernis is perfectly easy to apply - I never have any chunky bits or leave any streaks that needed to be corrected. Apply one coat and I'm done! I do not like the feeling of something heavy sitting on my nails at all times. (Same reason I don't LOOVE gel nails I can never do anything with my fingers anymore!). Their shine & long wear formula offers this fuchsia color in 338 Mirage.  It looks a perfect summery fuchsia in the photos and they are the truthful colors in reality. However, under certain lightings - flourescent for instance, it looks more plum colored and slight purple as well. I will see if I can get photos under different lightings for better perception.

The flat & round brush is perfectly shaped for applying nail polish from the curved half moon shape of inside your nails. My nails in the photos do not even have any top coat applied yet as I wanted to show the shiny effect from Dior Vernis alone. Drying time is fairly short, too. I am an impatient person when it comes to wait time and slow internet (LOL) and I needed to get the photos done right after I painted my left hands - and no smudging! We all know how frustrating it is when you try to erase one nail only and when the polish remover extends its power to another perfectly coated nail - then disaster occurs and we have to repaint the whole hand.




Recommend! Recommend! Thanks for reading! :-)

(+) Follow up: it's been 4 days since my posting and my nails are still intact with no obvious chips! I suppose I can clip them to one time and still save me trouble! To view what the colors look like in more natural everyday lights, which I find them more plum colored than fuchsia, please follow: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.ca/2014/12/diy-needle-felting-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment