Saturday 29 November 2014

Early Birthday Present

The last day of November is my birthday. Living alone as a student from a foreign country for years made me dislike my birthday. Although I have great friends who would always celebrate and share precious memories on my birthday, there was always this one spot that felt empty: my family (don't get me wrong beautifuls! I am always thankful of your friendships!)

As I married my lovely handsome darling in the year of 2012, that missing piece has patched up because now I am always with my husband and Richie by my side. To be honest, my husband was never a romantic type. As you may all know by now, I seek romance in everything I see and feel (even when I eat). I was often let down by his insensitivity or sometimes even shocked! But over the years he has picked up some of my traits and today I felt like I am the one who is actually lacking romance.  This is what "Romantic Ryan J." did today.
"Hint 1 - 1st floor or 2nd floor?"

On his letter he wrote several hints of where he hid the gift. It reminded me of the movie "Gone Girl" where the psychotic wife left hints to lead Ben Afflect to cellar full of gifts. Yikes..!


After several hints later, I found my gift inside the suitcase side table I posted about a few days ago.  (Refer to: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.ca/2014/11/the-should-i-do-areas.html for details!) 





Right in the top one.


What I found inside was a mint colour metal box and as soon as I saw it, I recognized what it is.


A vintage type writer I've been wanting so much!!! 


And still working!!!




He also remembered me talking about a Singer sewing machine and this was delivered to the door today. 

A few years back, this is never something that he would do. I can't imagine how much thought he put in to this whole romantic event! I learned how much I am being loved and how much he has changed for me. 

This year's birthday just became extra special.
Thanks hun and I love you :)

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment