Saturday 6 December 2014

First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream Review

A few weeks ago, sephora had a VIB sale offering 20% off all products. Luckly, I had my skin care products run out by the time so I could enjoy the perks of being a VIB member(Finally!)- I don't like stocking up on cosmetic products since they have expiry dates. Trying to stay within the budget while buying so many skincare products I ran out of, I had to find an eye cream that is relatively on the affordable side.


While researching for an eye cream, I came across First Aid Beauty (FAB), which was launched in 2009. They claim to be free of harsh chemicals thus is healthier for your skin. 


Their 5 in 1 Eye Cream seemed to fall in all the categories of what I was looking for: affordable, effective, and no parabens (which can possibly be carcinogenic), sulfates, and synthetic dyes or sparkles that would trick me to think my eyes look instantly brighter (and there is no such thing as instant improvement!)




The price of the product is C$35 and with the discount I received, it became C$28. 


The packaging is very simple, which I quite like. I could see their effort in trying to cut unnecessary cost.


The tip of the tube came sealed, just have to cut it off.


Yey! No artificial dye! I really don't like it when Eye creams have weird pearly sparkles in their formulas. I feel like they are just trying to cheat fooling me into thinking my under eye dark circles became lighter by the brightening effect caused by sparkles. 


The formula is very easy to apply, it isn't too rich nor too light. I also try to avoid very rich and thick eye creams because when I apply I have no choice but to press my skin harder than when applying lighter eye creams. With particularly balmy products, I tend to rub my skin to spread them - which makes me feel it would be more irritant and has negative effect to wrinkles.  Moreover, the richer formulas do make my eye makeup smudge a lot, too. 


After a few rubs. While still wet, it has this yogurty smell but it goes away when dried. 


And a few gentle pats later, it has absorbed completely.

According to Paula's Choice, eye creams are unnecessary since they have similar ingredients anyways as normal face creams. However, I have been using eye creams since high school and I find I have less wrinkles around my eyes compared with women in my age range.
Having that in mind, I think that an eye cream must concentrate on providing good hydration to prevent wrinkles and FAB 5 in 1 eye cream serves that point pretty well.

Finding drastic improvement after using an eye cream is difficult, even if there is an improvement, you won't be able to notice since it will slowly get better. Rather, I seek how hydrated the skin around my eyes feel throughout the day. I have been using this product for about ten days now and quite like the texture and all. 

All in all, if I were to be making a list of Pros & Cons... 

Pros:

1. No harsh chemicals
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

2. No artificial dye/sparkles

3. Smooth & easy to apply texture

4. Absorbs well

5. Provides hydration well

6. Affordable price


Cons:

1. Weird yogurty smell(but will go away)

2. Doesn't help much with dark circles


Hope this review helped you finding a good eye cream!

xoxo 
Vivian

1 comment:

  1. I've started using this product after reading your review. I had been a stickler to Clinique's before but I think this would be a good change of pace for me!

    ReplyDelete