Wednesday 28 January 2015

Dior Rosy Glow Blush

Even when I decide to go out without makeup on, I would never leave without applying blush on my cheeks. There are times that I would omit foundation or bb/cc cream but not blush - it's a must step for me as an attempt to at least add a healthy glow. However, when I have a bare face, it is easy to over apply blush and look tipsy instead of looking glowy.  For this reason, I think it is important to choose a blush that would give you a natural glow and not a hot flush! 


Dior's Rosy Glow in 001 Petal(C$45) has a nickname of 'Healthy Glow Awakening Blush' and is perfect for daily makeup. 
The description on Sephora says that it effortlessly recreates a natural, flushed look with finely-milled light-pink blush. 




The case has a print of Richie on it.....
Oh, no wait, that's just Richie photobombing me. lol


So the product has Dior logo embossed on it's shiney silver case. I have lots of scratches on the surface since I have been using this and carrying it around for a while now.


The back side is transparent. 




The product also comes with a brush that is soft. I would say the quality of the brush is okay since the bristles aren't harsh and doesn't irritate my skin but I use my Shu uemura blush brush instead since this one is too small.


The colour at first looks intimidating but once applied to cheeks, it's amazingly natural and pretty. It also has a subtle rose scent to it and you can tell I enjoy it a lot because Garden Rose scent is one of our "Epuinie Atelier's" signature scent as well! (Please check out our Epuinie Atelier's Etsy shop)


It colours the cheeks in a strawberry icecream shade adding such rosy glow to the cheeks. Even without makeup, the colour doesn't look too over powering or un natural. 


It also contains fine shimmers in the formula which helps accentuate the cheek bones. As an Asian, I have a peachy undertone to my skin and I like it on me. I think it would look great on any other skin tones, however, I do think that people with pale pink undertoned skins would best suit this blush. 

I have been using this blush for two years now and this is my second buy. Little goes a long way since I don't need too much product to create the look I want. 
I bought this when I visited S. Korea but in North America it seems like it is only Sephora exclusive. I would definately call this my holy grail product for blushes and I really hope it doesn't discontinue! 

xoxo 
Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment