Monday 10 November 2014

YSL Volupte Shine 09 Nude in Private

Hello all! It's Vivian again:)

Ever since I started blogging, I've been falling back in love with my old makeup purchases. The product that I rediscovered its charm the most is YSL's Volupte shine and Volupte sheer lipsticks. They are perfect for the fall/winter weather when my lips are usually very dry  because of their butter-like texture.

Today I would like to introduce you to my YSL Volupte Shine 09 Nude in Private.




Unlike the Sheer line, this product is in a golden case.

I took the entire product out. Despite the high price tag, the amount is so little:(
At Sephora in Canada, you can get this for $39+tax.


This is a photo taken under natural light.
On the right I swatched it once, and the left, twice.


With flash, it looks more brownish than pink or coral. The small shimmer particles  reflect light and make it look shinier.


(Under natural light) When applied on the lips the beige tone of the lipstick blends in with my natural lip colour well. 
As soon as the lipstick touches my lips, it melts in and applies on like a lip balm. 
My friend who tried this on also raved about the softness of it.


Hoping you to have a better look at the hydrated look it gives, I tried taking a picture in different angles but its not working too well. Time to buy a camera! 
To give you all a better idea about the colour... here I present you my selfie!!!


Hope you can see how it makes my lips look more hydrated.



I noticed when I apply nude lipstick on itself, I sometimes look tired and sick now that I am in my late 20's..(sigh..) So here I tried blending it with YSL Volupte Shine 05 Fuchsia in Excess. 


For nude lipsticks, I have only used MAC's Myth for several years now so YSL's Nude in Private was a pleasent shock to me because of the fact that it can be opaque and moistrizing at the same time. I also like the fact that it is easily blendable with other lipsticks because of its balm-like texture. However, the high price tag and the staying power are the two points I am not happy about.
All in all, for fall/winter daily nude lipstick I am very happy with this guy and will be using this often.

Hope this review was helpful!

xoxo 
Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment