Monday 10 November 2014

Tdot_Photoshoot_Portrait_Studio


Hello, this is Jane back with a new post for introductory studio portrait photography. I got to know photography from high school where they offered a class using manual film camera and a photo lab for black&white photography. Camera have been on my shoulder hanging ever since. I take photos for fun and guess it's like writing a diary, recording everyday. I find myself taking at least one photo daily. It became a unconscious habit almost haha! I'm sure many of you agree.

Anyway, I had a fun project with my awesome friend Erin. We both very much participated for this from, outfit, make-up, concept and ect. I go to an art school in Toronto and have excess to the very basic documentation studio where you would document your work. Therefore there's no fancy lighting or backdrop, sad… not being in photo major.. Erin and I prepared big white plastic table cloth for the backdrop and white thick styrofoam for reflector use at dollar store! They sure do have everything!

This was totally an experiment and attempt to exercise editing and learn about lighting as we are new to studio setting. We had 2 basic lighting available in the studio, tried different angle and softness of the light to see what worked better.  3 reserved hrs passed by really fast. End of the day, we learned different aspect in studio sets and what other issues were to be considered for next time. It's always good to try things if you are not familiar with it. Which we did and was useful.

Thank you for reading, and here are 2 best shot of Erin!

Photo credit: Jane and Erin



Photo credit: Jane and Erin






No comments:

Post a Comment