Saturday 15 November 2014

Etsy: Custom Portrait

It is always hard to buy a gift for my mother. Since I am living so far away from her, want to give her something unusual and special. This year, I loved the custom painting I got for my anniversay so much so I thought I should give my mom a portrait as well.
My mom has lots of unique paintings decorating her wall already from contemporary artists. So instead of going with oil painting, giving her a classic water color painting with some wit would be a perfect addition to her collection. 


When I was hunting for my own, I have added "The Bazaar Studio" into my favorites list already, thinking I should get a portrait done from her in the future. 




The artist only uses one colour and controls the shade by using diffrent opacity. However, her work isn't boring because she melts in model's personality so well into her drawings. 

After placing an order, I contacted her telling her about my parent's hobbies, personalities, and so on. Of course a few pictures of them too. 

Three days later, she sent me the finished work and after my approval sent it to S. Korea where my parent's are.

So the says past.. my mouth was tickling to tell my mom about the surprise! But I did well.. phew! She called me after a few days and told me that she loves it:^D


Golf, coffee, fashion, temple(although the temple drawn in the background doesn't seem to be Korean, it was still a good laugh)...

The artist got everything spot on.  My mom already has this hung on her wall!


I will leave the etsy shop's info below. 

The Bazaar Studio

xoxo 
Vivian


No comments:

Post a Comment