Wednesday 12 November 2014

Circle Craft Christmas Market Vancouver 2014

"Located on Granville Island in the Net Loft, Circle Craft Co-operative features the work of over 150 craftspeople from across British Columbia. As Canada's most successful craft co-operative, Circle Craft has been a major force in promoting craft in BC since 1972." 


Enjoying my day off in the middle of the week, Viv and I were delighted to see such variety of artisan goods! Today was exceptionally beautiful fall weather - getting somewhat chilly already but we are quite tolerable with anything as long as it doesn't rain here in Vancouver. We prejudged the market and thought couple hours into our parking meter would be plenty time to browse. But no no no! We ended up getting our hands stamped for re-entry. MANY MORE photos & vendors after the jump! ;-)




Few of my purchases (which I never would have expected such a list!) ...

(1) MiMi: you can have your portable family dolls! This reminded me of the wooden family sculptures Maximus carries in the movie Gladiator. I picked out what resembles myself the most & Ryan & since I have no kids but the kit offers 2 children - 2 dolls of which gender I hope to have in the future. I also get to choose the bedding for our family. The whole packaging comes in a paper box and is $20. Mimi laughed with us when I told her I have no children yet spent so much time choosing my babies. She also sells tooth fairy stuffed teeth for an exchange spot. She came up with this lovely idea for her children! And of course everything is made of organic cotton. 


(2) Watershed Naturals from Delta, BC: I was recently introduced to natural makeup products via a good friend Sylvia. Learning that store bought soaps may have elements of detergents, I though maybe I'd browse around. Vivian and I were able to try various samplers and ended up purchasing a few products there as well! I bought bath salt & avocado and shea butter cream. Truthfully they are way too affordable for such good quality. I was very tempted to buy their beauty oil as well but my latest splurge at Sephora left me with 2 bottles of fresh seaberry oil - so maybe after those!

(3) Him Creations: I probably spent 30 minutes admiring her work! Vivian and I also purchased diy kits to make our own needle felted dolls. The artist mentioned she started making the dolls as a hobby 7 years ago and now she's got her own shop. 

Few highlights: 
Red Hot Pottery: I have a whole new level of respect for ceramic artists. All I was thinking about was that I really need a new tea pot the entire time. 

Sigpromatum Publishing: amazing quality paintings! The prints are very affordable and would be perfect wall decorations! 

AW by Andrea Wong: she offers comfortable leather bags including one with lunch bag motif. I ended up not purchasing anything as I am trying this new thing that I plan my purchases (In other words, we have joint accounts) but I may have to find her online store. 

Terminal city glass co-op: this shop offered a glass bead making demonstration on the site! It was very intriguing and informative. 

Janice Lutsenko Flower Art: too many talented people in our city! Janice was working on another art piece on site - simply amazing. 

Haejin Lee Ceramics: I wanted to buy the whole set. Literally everything. 


This Circle Craft Market, held at Vancouver Convention Centre (1055 Canada Pl, Vancouver BC, V6C 0C3), runs from November 11-16, 2014. On top off the 300 vendors, they offer family craft zones and various entertainments to watch as well. The tickets cost $12/person (when purchased online via www.circlecraft.net / or $14 at the door) the first visit and any subsequent visits are generously offered for free. 

Circle Craft is planning another Summer Craft Market this coming Summer as well (July 23-26, 2015) at Jack Poole Plaza showcasing various handmade goods including woods, glass, jewellery, leather, fine art, and ceramics - with FREE ADMISSIONS! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment