Saturday 22 November 2014

Favorite Starbucks Holiday Drink

I don't drink coffee. I am more of a tea-holic. As much as I enjoy various high quality loose leaf teas, Starbucks Chai Tea latte is something I cannot resist and also a treat helping to get through the day. We all know about the marketing and the tactics but the unique wholesome culture Starbucks stores provide for the customers is unbelievable every time.

If you are feeling festive and do enjoy their holiday red paper cups - try Chai Eggnog Latte today! (Oh, and you also have to be a sweet tooth!)


Eggnog is the traditional holiday drink in North America (although it really originated from England,) you will find the slightly thick (but not like milkshake) sweet vanilla milk taste. Turkey is always good too but given how easy it is to make a warm eggnog latte or even rum/brandy mix - although it's obviously a different story if you are making homemade eggnog... - cup of eggnog latte on my table represents holiday season. 


Now this + chai which makes me feel like I'm sitting in front of a fireplace in my blanky = perfection to get me through this winter.  Starbucks is currently having 5 holiday drinks = 1 free grande promotion and it is going to be an easy one for me! :-) 


Recipe: 
  • 50% Eggnog 
  • 20% Chai concentrate (I use Tazo!) 
  • 30% Milk 
  • Sprinkle with nutmeg :-) 
I simply microwave my mug all together and use a frother for the latte foam on top, that is if I have the patience for. Increase your ratios for milk to replace eggnog slightly as you might find the above recipe too sweet.  


If you want to find their nutritional date: Click Here - though you may not want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment