Tuesday 27 January 2015

Crackle Crème | Gourmet Crème Brûlée

We only chose to go to Crackle Creme because it was one of the few places that was open at 7 PM on Sunday evening. It actually started out quite alright when I realized one kind driver had already fed my parking meter for hour & 38 minutes! Yay! 

Creme Brulee is my favorite kind of dessert (along with many others) and it was quite a delight to learn there is a man with such a passion to create many flavoured creme brulees as a specialty shop. And wow! it really was. 





We ordered 2 different kinds of loose leaf teas which were brewed on the spot and poured in tea mugs. We asked for an extra mug to share it - to be honest, I guess I was expecting a whole pot, rather. Rooibos Provence & Golden Bud Yunan teas indeed went nicely with much creamy and sugar coated creme brulees. 




We chose Hojicha, Jasmine, &  Honey Lavender from the seasonal flavours thinking we can always return for Always Favorites next time. And amazing they were. The different herbal scents and flavours mixed delicately well with each creamy creme brulees. Each one had slightly different colors (Hojicha being almost like taro purple, actually) and they were all great. My friend Alexa finished Honey Lavender in no time and I think my favorite was Jasmine. Hojicha was similar to matcha green tea flavour that was slightly more vegetal taste.

I definitely want to try Organic Earl Grey, Organic Matcha, Fererro Rocher, and Black Sesame. Oh! and also Pandan Coconut!






It really was a random location near Main St where all the other neighboring stores were closed. The store itself was surprisingly small and it sure filled up quickly. Many other patrons came and left the long time we were indulging our dessert & cup of tea's - and many said "we'll be back very soon!"

My friends who accompanied me for the evening all agreed that we should also be returning soon. Definitely recommend!


www.cracklecream.com
245 Union St Vancouver BC
(778) 847-8533

Hours: Wednesday to Sunday (11:30 AM-10 PM)




No comments:

Post a Comment