Wednesday 10 December 2014

Vivian's version of Christmas tree

I bought this 7.5 feet pre-lit Christmas tree at a clearance store last year for $25 dollars. It was our first ever Christmas tree and I was so excited to try it out this year.

When it was time to light up the tree, I was so excited about the fact that my year long wait is over now. However...


Da da da dan... Da da da dan... 
(Symphony No. 5, Beethoven)

The tree wouldn't light up, perhaps there is an issue with the cords.


Natalie told me it looks like a tree from The Grinch


Ouch! 


It took us full two hours to cut all the cords that was tightly tied to the tree.


I also bought a set of mixed ornaments from Wal-Mart for $12. 




A few adjustments later, I finally have our family's Christmas tree lit up! 

I am also planning to add special ornaments each year so that our Christmas tree would mean more to our family every year.


The picture above is this year's ornament hoping to welcome a new family in 2015 :-) I also gave one to my sister in law with her family member's name written I hope she liked it! 

Happy holidays! 

xoxo
Vivian




No comments:

Post a Comment