Friday 5 December 2014

Jang Mo Jib Burnaby Review

Opened their doors in 1995, Jang Mo Jib is a franchised traditional Korean cuisine restaurant you can find in different cities of lower mainland. I prefer to visit the Burnaby location although I always expect it be crazy busy.




The name Jang Mo Jib means "Mother-in-law's house."  In South Korea, there is a saying that the Son-in-law is any Mom's favorite person. Visiting Mother-in-law's house is an exciting event for the husband as he can be spoiled and feasted with variety of Korean dishes. You will also find their servings quite large and will sufficiently fatten their diners up. 




Let me show you what we ate our last visit: 


Sweet & Spicy Fried Chicken:
Ryan's favorite menu! Their chicken is very crunchy unlike what you may expect from soggy Sweet & Sour chicken from Chinese food court places. This particular menu is one of Korean people's most loved food items and goes well with beer. 



Seafood Pancake:
When you walk into Jang Mo Jib in Burnaby, you will literally find this Seafood Pancake on every second table. This crispy Korean style pancake is cut like pizza and makes a good appe to share with the whole table. 


Spicy Cold Buckwheat Noodle: 
Seeing a trend here now eh? For the record, Korean food isn't all about spicy though.  This above item is my FAVORITE menu item out of everything that Korean cuisine to offer. I have such sporadic cravings for their buckwheat noodle, that my in-laws would ask me if I'm pregnant haha! It is slightly spicy, somewhat sweet and vinegary, and very refreshing! 


I have special ties with this traditional Korean restaurant and will be going back occasionally to try other items! Their front face menu is Pork Bone Soup and you can easily share with the family. I will see I can add more menu items to new postings (unless I keep on having my buckwheat noodle and that only - which in that case, I'll get Ryan to try new menus!!).

Thanks for reading! :-)

Jang Mo Jib Burnaby
5075 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 2E6
(604) 439-0712

No comments:

Post a Comment