Friday 12 December 2014

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Candid Review)

There are those days where I am simply too lazy to wear foundations. There is an undeniable truth though, that I can't possibly have everying: comfort vs. concealing my dark circles and dark spots. During Sephora VIB sale, I thought I should invest money on buying a good concealer that would enable me to catch both bunnies with one shot. My solution?


As an avid beauty blog reader, I have heard so many good things about Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (C$35).  I was a bit hesitant to choose a shade without trying it out but since many Asians who seemed to have my skin tone chose honey - enough with your Photoshopping please - I just went with it. 





Nars offers 10 different shades to find the perfect match of your color tones. According to the description on Sephora website, Honey has a warm peach tone for light to medium complexion.


I always like Nars' design - very clean and straight forward. 


A picture of the applicator.


I would say the colour is closer to pink than peach, which I did not expect. 


Here is my candid review - unlike what they claim in their description, I can't agree that the product is "luxuriously smooth" nor "hydrating." I find that it is rather cakey and thick. However, because of its thickness, the product does provide good coverage. 5 hours in on my first day trying the Nars Concealer, I was bit shocked to see my face in the mirror. Rather than concealing the small wrinkles around my eyes, it actually accentuated them with crease :-( Then on, I mix it with a small amount of eye cream and it blends in whole lot better with minimal crease.

Maybe I had such high expectations after reading numerous reviews praising this product. I would have to say that this was not the best choice of concealer for me as it was not hydrating nor smooth. Hope this helps!  Does anyone have different thoughts or have any other products to recommend? 

xoxo
Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment