Sunday 28 December 2014

Skinny Nail / 100% Nail Strips Review

I declare to the world I no longer will be visiting nail salons!!! I have seriously fallen in love with Skinny Nail Strips.

Nail strips can be easily found at any drugstore/shopping centres now including Sally Hansen. I had purchased Incoco previously via their online website and I liked the quality and durability. The only trouble I had with Incoco was very strong nail polish smell that we're all familiar with from wearing nail polish. I also remember being extremely disappointed with Sally Hansen's nail strips as it was not water resistant as they claimed. It was not durable at ALL quite frankly. In very harsh terms, they were pretty band-aids and felt very bothersome on my fingertips - they did not last on my nails more than couple days. However - Skinny Nail Strips are a huge hit in South Korea now, and knowing what a picky consumer market it can be, I decided to give it a try.




Currently sold exclusively online at www.nailistic.com, I was thrilled to find FREE SHIPPING SIGN! Nailistic offers more than 20 patterns to satisfy everyone's different taste. I chose Modern Boy (CA$12.99 after 15% Opening Sale!) but I'm already eyeing on few other patterns. 

The magic is a lot simpler than most people'd expect compared to how much $ and time we invest in perfect and long lasting nails. In the package comes with a small nail file already and that's all you need. (It's a different one than what you see in below photo). I am a weird stickler of clean cuticle nails so I used Sally Hansen cuticle remover to painlessly remove the cuticles. 






As there are 16 nail strips in the envelop, find the suitable size and peel off the transparent plastic. The nail strips are made of real nail polish extract that's tightly compressed. Therefore it's easily removed using regular nail polish remover. Simply stick it on your nail and gently stretch it to remove any air inside. I use my free hand's nails to scratch and half-fold the edges first then use the nail file for smooth finish. No scissors necessary! Sometimes your nails function as more adequate tools to cut the strips to right size. 





Another great feature is that it sticks on VERY well but you are allowed a few mistakes in taking them off your nails and reapplying. They do not leave your nails with ugly sticky parts either. In the above nails, I wanted the end tip to be less round and more flat to match my nail shape. I used my nail clipper to cut it to more a straight line. 


For the above nail, I just used my own nails to cut the edges off with slight pressure - and done! To finish my whole two hands, it took me less than 30 minutes and I am a noobie at this! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! What I am most happy about this product is that there is NO DRYING TIME and you're free to use your both hands at any point during the application. And we all know how frustrating it can be when you ruin it for good and needs a repair.




The package also comes with a sealing tape to make sure unused nail strips can be kept well until next use. As the strips are made with 100% compressed nail polish, the sealing tape prevents them from drying out.


For those who are interested, please follow the link: www.nailistic.com for more information! 
Thanks for reading! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment