Tuesday 16 December 2014

Brioche Gastown Review

I am back with the delicious posting today! Working retail hours, I get a random weekday off every now and then - which means I get to be the odd touristy patron at a restaurant full of business attires. Many Vancouverites may disagree - or we all may be pretending, just to carry on a conversation - but I actually love a rainy weather in Vancouver. Especially around this time of the year, I feel romance in the air and the streetlights on the other side of my windshield.  

Brioche is a small Italian cafe located in Gastown, on the north side of Downtown. My friend David - aka unofficial foodie - recommended Brioche for their Seafood Hot Pot (Cioppino Pescatore). 


As a non-driver for the day, I could not pass on their red wine Sangria! Full of fresh fruit <3 




This eatery has about 5 tables in this cozy casual space. Chalkboard message greeted us with big "Buongiorno! Grazie Mille!" and you see touches of Italiano all throughout the interior.


Above photos are the Cioppino Pescatore Hot Pot (for 1) and Tilapia Fillet Pasta as it was recommended by the staff. Result? Two happy foodies :-) As their signature dish, the hot pot is tomato based shrimp bisque simmered with variety of seafood. It was my first time trying the dish, but David mentioned that their selection of seafood seems to vary throughout the season - presumably with what's fresh in market of the day.

I say you cannot go wrong with an order of pasta - but this menu from Brioche was quite exceptional. Their tomato marinara was blended with shank of tilapia and with grilled prawns! I literally said 'oh this is so good!' like 10 times.


We were unbelievably stuffed to try their dessert menu, however they have variety of Italian desserts display by the counter will draw your attention. I will definitely return - so... next time! :-)

For restaurant information & for catering enquiry:
Brioche Urban Eatery
401 West Cordova St. Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604-682-4037
www.brioche.ca
eat@brioche.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment