Sunday 11 January 2015

Vancity Foodie: Vera's Burger Shack

If you think about it, a burger is actually a pretty well-balanced meal unlike its "junk food" image. You get carbs, vitamins, protein, fibre, etc from bread, patty, and veggies like onion, tamato, and lettuce.  What makes a burger is how and what you eat it with; soda, heavily salted french fries, and hormone-full meat patty are the criminals that makes it unhealthy and high calorie/sodium food. 
Well, that is just my thought. I might be just justifying my cravings for a hamburger :P


Ryan and I occasionally go to Vera's Burger Shack which we think provides decent burgers compared to McDonald's. 



I don't know why but they have a milk cow animal print themed stores. 


I like Vera's Burger Shack because the burgers are made fresh to order and that I have a choice of natural beef. Well there are controversies over this since the word "natural" is unregulated and therefore there are some people who abuse the use of the word. However, I want to give Vera's Burger some credit about the fact that they are at least trying to provide a choice of natural beef (Yet, I hope if they could specify how and where the beef was provided). 




This is their Canuck: the classic bacon cheese burger. Hearty beef patty, lettuce and tomatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, and sauces. 


The middle is slightly pink for more flavor (I suppose) but you can also get it well done. 


I got Natural with no cheese.


No bacon, but still very filling!

Ryan usually goes for yam fries but we didn't really enjoy it; yam fries were a bit soggy and flavorless. But I like their fries because they are thick and very crispy. According to their website they double fry the potatoes for crispiness.  

You can find Vera's Burger Shack throughout Vancouver so if you have a chance, try it out! 

http://www.verasburgershack.com/

xoxo 
Vivian


No comments:

Post a Comment