Wednesday 21 January 2015

Langley Foodie: Fat Cow & Oyster Bar


As a newbie to Langley, I still haven't discovered a lot of restaurants that I would like to visit regularly. It's especially hard to find a place to go for when I crave fresh oysters and seafood. Langley has all the franchise restaurants such as Cactus Club, Olive Garden, Moxies, etc but it's difficult to spot a local hot spot and most of the places in Fort Langley closes early:( So when I first found out about The Fat Cow and Oyster Bar, I couldn't wait to try out! 



Their main dishes seem to be seafood related but they also have wide selection if steaks and burgers. They also serve fresh oysters which I love but unfortunately I am not allowed to have them due to pregnancy. Oh well, just another 7 more months to go and I can have as many as I want! 





The interior is trendy and colourful; the walls are full of paintings which are also for sale. 


I ordered 1 1/2lbs mussel & clam steamers in coconut milk and lemongrass base. (sorry about the out of focus picture, I was wayyyy to hungry to take a stable picture lol)


The aroma of the coconut milk was so mouth watering. They also have more basic tastes such as white wine + leaks + garlic if you want to enjoy a simpler taste. 


Yummy! The clam juice and coconut milk was too good which made me finish a whole loaf of bread that I added to my steamer.


This is Cioppino which is a dish full of seafood, potatoes and sausages. The elements in the dish absorbed the lobster tomatoe broth and was vary flovouraful. I just wished it to be less saltier though. 

As always Ryan ordered his burger and a duck poutine. Prior to ordering, our waitress informed us that the meat is cooked medium but when he had his first bite, I thought it was too pink. Ryan didn't like his dish too much and wasn't able to finish his burger which is totally unusual of him. So I'd have to stay stick with the seafood menus! 

I really hope that this place stays around for a long time. Although Ryan's Northern Angus Beef Burger wasn't a hit, I find the seafood very fresh and tasty. 

If you are a seafood lover and is planning to visit Langley and hope to dine at a local restaurant, as far as I have searched, this place would be the best choice.


The Fat Cow and Oyster Bar


xoxo
Vivian




2 comments:

  1. Ohh! I've never heard of this place before! Must go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan actually found this place and they are pretty good! i feel like they are a bit hidden tho so i really hope they dont disappear!

      Delete