Friday 16 January 2015

M.U.F.E. Star Powder 947



"The Star Powder is a silky powder that catches the light and gives the skin an intense sparkle and unparalleled shine. Its extremely fine, yet dense texture makes it easy to apply. Only a small amount is needed for visible results. The Star Powders can be used alone or blended together, applied over eyeshadow or mixed with any texture to highlight areas of the face."

Makeup Forever's Star Powder Iridescent Pale Peach 947($24) has been a steady seller in S. Korea being called as 'tear effect eye glitter.' 


A famous S. Korean actress, Kim Hye-Soo contributed to its fame by showing off her beautiful makeup years ago revealing its MUFE's star powder that helped create the look. Since then the product always comes up when you search for shimmery eye shadow on Korean search engines. 


The eye makeup where you apply the star powder in the inner corners and the bottom of the eyes is popular in S. Korea because it creates a youthful look. 


Right side I have only swiped once with finger and the left, three times. This photo is taken under natural light. The picture didn't catch the fine shimmers and the effect of the eye shadow but in real life it's subtly shimmery. I like the fact that it isn't overwhelmingly sparkly. 


With flash on, it looks rather beige than peach. 


Photo taken under natural light. I applied it in the middle of my top eye lids, inner corners, and under eyes. 


Before applying it, I have used MAC's Soba as a base eye shadow to create depth to my eyes. 


Hope you can see the sparkly effect better in the pictures taken with flash.  

As I mentioned earlier, it isn't overwhemingly sparkly since the shimmer particles are very fine. For that reason, I wear this almost every day. I really just need a small amount of it too so I would say that the pricing is reasonable too. It is  at first hard to apply though since it is like pigment eye shadows. I prefer usinf my finger tips to apply because it is easier to press it on to my eye lid. 

If I ever do run out of this, I am definately going to buy another one! The best 'tear effect' eye shadow ever! 

xoxo 
Vivian








No comments:

Post a Comment