Sunday 4 January 2015

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Stained Gloss: New Wave


(Sarah Hyland wearing OCC Lip Tar Nylon - Nylon Magazine)



Queen of pigmentation has joined my vanity at last. Every review I have read praised of their amazing long lasting pigmentation but also found lots of cons (staining teeth??? or difficulty fixing or reapplying after initial application). I am all about long lasting and bright pigmentation so... I still had to try it out myself.

It has not been very long I've noticed OCC section newly presented from Sephora. Amazingly various color selection - I thought! Plus 100% Vegan / Cruelty-Free sign is something that draws more attention these days. I picked out the New Wave Stained Gloss and Anime Matte at Sephora to see the color on my skin tone. I have more white (than yellowy) Asian skin tone and I actually liked both of them on my face. New Wave is more red/slightly fuchsia color with glossy effect. Anime is the perfect barbie pink that's more neon color. As you can tell what I look for in lipsticks and other makeup products, I am focused on more creamy or glossy texture. For instance, I love the pigmentation of Benefit Tints - but they always sit too dry on my lips to the extent I get the tingly sensation. So I ended up purchasing New Wave Stained Gloss only for now.
















It's slightly more fuchsia pink in my bare eyes! I try to take my photos under natural light as much as possible for vivid actuality. The tube is quite small of .33 oz (10 ml) in volume but a little squeeze actually does go a long way. There is a reason why the end of the tube is tiny. The packaging comes with a small lip brush to help you apply with precision. I may prefer the plastic applicator Sephora provides for one time use than the brush as I am very likely to misplace this tiny brush and due to the fact that it needs to be washed regularly. After trying it out though, this turned out to be a smidgen problem as the color blends out evenly on its own as it settles onto your lips.



Above photo is after single application only to my bottom lip - to see the contrast from my natural lip color. I did not use any primer prior to. You can see how glossy the texture is and it really is! This neon pink is very glossy and super pigmented. I like the mild peppermint scent as well.








After application to both lips and literally using very small amount x 2 as the below photo shows.






The verdict on this OCC product itself is that I actually like it (...so far). I can see myself wearing these for everyday wear, for work, for evening night outs, and other various occasions. It probably would have to do with the color that I chose is more versatile than other ones OCC offer. They really do have a color for everyone. You have to be careful in applying very small amount each time no matter which color you choose due to their brilliant pigmentation. Otherwise, especially for matte ones, it would look like you've got bunch of acrylic paints

I am very curious of OCC's other lines including Anime I've tried from Sephora. I will come back with more reviews! As per New Wave, it feels more like like lip gloss than the staining effect. I did notice it lasting even after 2 hours of application...then I had a meal LOL. Unfortunately it did not last with full pigmentation as I was hoping, and does lose glossiness as time passes - even only after 30 minutes? It was starting to look more natural without much gloss. It's not as sticky as usual lip glosses can be though. Having to carry the brush isn't the most delightful thing in the world - I'll try using it straight out of the tube/my finger for reapplication next time and see how it turns out.


And I'm really not kidding when I say they have a color for everyone!! If you don't love any particular color, you could even make your own color mixing a few.




(occmakeup.com)

Pros

  • Amazing pigmentation 
  • Glossy without stickiness 
  • Various color collection for everyone 
  • Mild peppermint scent 
  • No weird cosmetic/discernible taste (...as I tend to eat them)
  • Blends and settles into your lips evenly 
  • Easy application 
  • Small amount needed 
  • Does not dry your lips out / look hydrated 
  • Fair price (USD 18 / CAD 22) 

Cons

  • Needing a lip brush for application 
  • Too many colors to choose from / different for every skin tone 


Thanks for reading! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment