Tuesday 13 January 2015

M.A.C 5-Alarm

I noticed that other then YSL's tint in oil, I have been posting my old lipstick collection. Today, I finally added a fresh new product to my lipstick stand - actually 2.


The Red, Red, Red collection from MAC has been out for several months now but I haven'tbeen going out lately and wasn't able to see it until yesterday. They are in fact almost sold out now in stores and I was quite lucky to buy it. You can still get them online though! 



I bought 5-Alarm ($19) which is described as a soft orange-red lustre lipstick.




Their famous bullet-shaped lipstick. They look great when bundled up together on my vanity. 




There are very fine shimmer in the formula. This will in fact help create a glossy/moisturized look.


Under natural light, the shimmer isn't visible very well. The colour is slightly orange/ I'd say it's close to tomato red. It applies smoothly and is more transparent compared to the other MAC lipsticks. I am used to very pigmented MAC lipsticks but this one was a surprise. It actually looked like a tint on skin.


With flash. On the right side, I applied 5 times and still it is transparent. 




On lips, it really does look like lip tint however, doesn't dry up the lips. Instead it creates a dewy look and helps the lips look healthy glowy in all angles. This is a great lipstick to go with when you don't have much makeup on to create a 'no makeup makeup' look. I also think it's a great 'beginners' red lipstick.' Oh, did I mention it's limited edition? Another great reason why I am happy to have bought this! Tee hee:P

xoxo 
Vivian



No comments:

Post a Comment