Sunday 25 January 2015

Coffee Monster Coquitlam Review

Lougheed area was always missing something major - a local coffee shop. You can only find Starbucks inside the Lougheed Mall which is always crowded with mall visitors... and that was it! Coffee Monster only opened late December of 2014 (or so I think...) and it's become super popular right away meeting the needs of Coquitlam residents and other visitors. In fact, when I went to check out the recent craze, there were no seats for us. It was again quite busy upon my first actual visit today.


Although I totally missed out on taking photos of their interior - I can tell the new owner has put in lots of time/effort in creating the atmosphere with industrial look. They also specialize in cold brewed coffees (similar to that of Revolver...I presume) but I'll save trying it until a hot summer day. 

  

Coffee Monster does have quite a selection for coffee/tea/dessert menus. Ryan and I both had Affogato and Vivian & her Ryan had two different teas: Herbal fruit & Earl Grey. I thought it was quite sensible they had an hourglass to for tea's brewing time. I am not an avid coffee drinker and do drink very rarely but I could tell their espresso was very smooth. I noticed their Italian sodas are flavoured with real fruits instead of artificial syrups and is creatively rimmed with pop rock candy. I shall try it next time!






The pleasant coffee aroma and the great selection of music filled up this lofty cafe. 
Definitely worth trying! 


Coffee Monster 
6-405 North Road, Coquitlam, BC (In the same plaza as HSBC)
(778) 355-9000 

Hours: 
Monday - Thursday 10 AM - 10 PM
Friday 10 AM - 12 AM
Saturday 11 AM - 12 AM
Sunday 2 PM - 10 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment