Wednesday 7 January 2015

My Favorite Lipstick Combo!

Sometimes I get bored with the lipstick shades I have or sometimes the colour I bought simply doesn't seems to suit me any more. That is when I experiment with mixing lipsticks I have and today, I'd like to introduce you my most sccessful combination!


This is M.A.C's Myth. I have been using this fellow for about five-six years now and it's been my number one nude lipstick. However, I found myself looking a bit pale wearing Myth lately. Maybe the tone of my skin changed? Or perhaps my taste in makeup changed? I haven't figured it out yet but I just stopped wearing it by itself and started to use it as lip concealer. 


It has a peachy under tone and is opaque enough to cover my lip colour. 


This is M.A.C's Korean Candy. As a Korean, when I first heard the name of it, I couldn't help but buy this girl. If it's named Korean Candy, it can't look bad on a Korean girl, eh? 


The formula of Korean Candy is very creamy compared to Myth which is a satin line lipstick. It is a orangy red colour which is a similar shade as kimchi. And yes, it suited my typical Korean skin tone! However, because of its very vibrant colour, it isn't suitable for me as a daily lipstick and I often got bored of it.


To make it more wearable, I thought I'd have to somehow lower the saturation of it. Since I was using Myth as a lip concealer, I thought they would make a good partner.


wearing Myth on itself. I almost look ill:(


Dabbed Korean Candy in the inner lips.


Blend them out with fingers.


And I could create this coral/peachy/salmon pink look!



I am loving this combination so far and have been wearing it for days! 
What do you think about it?
Do you have your own combinations to share? 

Thanks for reading:) 

xoxo 
Vivian











No comments:

Post a Comment