Saturday 25 October 2014

Tdot_Fall Colours




Hey guys,

I'm Jane: one dearest friend of Natalie - haha!

I decided to partake in kira-kira blogging so I could share some of the amazing places I've been to in Toronto and other vicinity.  My interest mainly lies in photography, cosmetics, and of course good food!

My first post is on my recent trip to Algonquin Provincial Park and Rouge Park, where everyone falls in love with the beautiful foliage one will face in just north of Toronto.  On my birthday weekend, my girlfriend Kathleen asked me if I could accompany her camping trip to Algonquin park.  I knew it falls right during the peak colorful season (which usually lasts from late Sept to early Oct) and simply could not say no.

So here it 





This point is called Track and Tower.  I was to climb up this transparent stairs to achieve my reward of the view (in above photo).  I have to admit climbing part was pretty scary for me though. I literally could feel the tower shaking!! Obviously enough the view was totally worth it.



Our campsite! Bringing a heater was the best idea as electricity is available!! Who would have known? 



Nom nom nom.  Side pork for dinner! I muted myself during dinner in midst of eating and combating my competitions on my table. 



Card games and countless / necessary beers...



Starlight and camp fire 








Next day: we hiked a trail for about 2 hours.  You can enjoy incredible panoramic views on the lookouts!! 


Camping out in this perfect fall weather was surprisingly relaxing! I was surrounded by amazing people - my people - and everything was just right.  I got to spend some quality time with them, who in turn surprised me with a birthday cake as well! 

BIG THANK YOU for the birthday wishes by the way. :D 







One cloudy day, I got together with a group of friends from Toronto-based photographers club to go on shoot some more fall colours! It took about sweet 45 minutes from Toronto to arrive in Rouge Park.  I was delighted to find more of red and orange colors! 



Had little bit of trouble finding the entry to the trail, however wow what a scene welcoming us!







It was getting slightly rainy as we almost reached the lookout.  
Active trains at the moment made the shooting even more fun! 



cool / wiry transmission towers



Sky was clearing up all of the sudden!! 







Trip to the Rouge Park was quite a delight to find! It was rather accessible from Toronto and it was absolutely perfect to enjoy the foliage and the variety of fall colours.

I hope I get to discover other bits of Ontario and of the world like Rouge Park.  I also hope that my first blog posting went okay...? Hahaha! I focused on delivering the beauty Toronto fall has to offer to many visitors and residents and I hope many can appreciate this as I do.

To be continued with more postings - so stay tuned!
Any comments and questions relating the post will be welcomed! Thanks!






3 comments: