Thursday 30 October 2014

Etsy: Custom Painting

Hello there, this is Vivian.
Today I wanted to share my first Etsy experience.


Are you familiar with Etsy?
"Etsy is an online marketplace where people around the world connect to buy and sell unique goods. Our mission is to re-imagine commerce in ways that build a more fulfilling and lasting world."
-etsy.com



I have been wanting to get our family/house portrait done for a while so I figured Etsy would be the perfect place to get it done.

Typing in "Custom house portrait" brought out hundreds of results. Once again I learn there are a lot of wonderful talented artists all around the world.


After a long hours of happy agonizing, I decided to go with "Barragan Paintings," an artist who lives in Italy.


I really like her warm colored oil paintings.

After making a purchase, I contacted the artist and told her things I wanted in the picture and sent her photos of our house and family. 
She was prompt and very kind answering all the questions of a confused novice Etsy buyer.
In between the drawings, upon request she would send me the process of her work.

After about 10days, the item was shipped from Italy and I was expecting to recieve the picture before my anniversary which is the 27th.
Although the picture made it into Canada on the 14th of October, for some reason it was kept at the customs until the 26th
so I was able to get it on the 29th :(


Tadah!
Finally!


Ryan(my husband) was excited to open it too.


A little note from our artist.
She also gave us her pomegranite post card.


Ryan carefully opening the package..


Another card.
This itself would make a good art piece.


Richie Ryan and I

It is such a warming picture.
I am very satisfied with what she created.

This made a very special gift to both(and richie) of us and we are actually planning to get portraits done every year hoping to decorate an entire wall with our family portraits one day!

In case any of you might want information about getting yours done too, I will leave links below.

Thanks for reading and as always I wish you a romantic day:) 

xoxo Vivian

Etsy
Etsy.com

Barragan Paintings
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=barragan+paintings&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=CA

p.s. Ours cost around CAD 120 including shipping. Most of the oil paintings (5*7 in.) cost between 100~200 depending on the material, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment